Friday, March 14, 2014

First test version of engine passed out,

Yes the engine has started closed testing. Though it is extremely limited at this moment because the map editor isn't finished, I have been able to push out a test version to get a feel for how it will work for others both performance wise and ease of use.

There are a few hiccups though, the entire engine is being made inside GameMaker: Studio, which means previous versions of GM may have a few issues. I have ported the current test version into GameMaker 8.1, making all the necessary changes for that software. Regardless I get some weird errors (stream read error?), understand I have not used GM 8.1 in a little while so I haven't had the time to look over the entire engine for the problem but I am working on it.

I know guys, many of you still like GM8.1 and nothing wrong with that xD I will try and work out any issues and hopefully everything will work out good for it in that version of GameMaker. No link either ;) as I said this is an early test version when I do give a link I want it to have a map editor as that is an important part for keeping the engine simple to use.

Thanks for reading and sticking with me, I know all i have done for about a month is talk about it with nothing to download or show but it's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment